UltraSource has a talented team of CAD professionals to convert your CAD designs from specification control drawings (spec drawings) into the various documents needed for thin film processing. To facilitate these documents, we request that you incorporate the following information and design guidelines in your CAD package so that we may accurately process your design.
- AutoCAD .DWG or .DXF file extensions are preferred. We can also accept GERBER, PRT, GDS-II and SolidWorks DXF output. Many cad systems have the ability to convert to DXF (Drawing Xchange Format) but translation errors may occur. Converted files will be reviewed for accuracy and approved before use. Graphic formats such as PDF, GIF, JPG, TIF are not considered as CAD files and are used for quoting only providing they contain all Spec Control Drawing Requirements.
- Zero width polylines are needed to create closed boundary polygons for all geometries.
- Avoid double entities or extraneous lines, as this will lead to uncertain interpretation of the CAD design and will delay lead times.
- All drawings must be drawn in a two dimensional (2D) format.
- Each design feature should be drawn on these separate layers:
CAD Layers 1. Device (substrate) Outline 2. Conductor Layer, Shaded, Front and/or Back 3. Dimensional Layer 4. Resistors (if required) 5. Via, Plated Through-Holes (if required) 6. AnSn Layer (if required) 7. Dielectric, Solder Dam (if required) 8. Other Layers That May Exist (if required)
- In order to avoid polarity confusion, metallized areas should be shaded or cross-hatched to indicate where metal is desired.
- Data or features that are not part of the thin film design should be placed on a separate, reference only layer.
- Units shall be listed in either Imperial (English) or Metric units. Dimensions to be identified as inches, millimeters or microns. At least one overall dimension is required on the substrate layer if part needs to be scaled to size.
- A critical dimension for each layer should be supplied, with a tolerance, on the dimensional layer.